Riverside, California: Press Printing Company, 1908. First Edition. Hardcover. 8vo. (6"x8"), 387 pages, frontis portrait, green cloth, three illustrations, selected sermons and addresses. Very good. Item #9292
"All Souls' Universalist Church was founded by Rev. Dr. George H. Deere, in July, 1881. Its services were first held in the Citrus Fair pavilion, and afterward in a little church extemporized from a discarded school building located on Market street near Seventh. In 1891 land was bought at the corner of Seventh and Lemon streets, where the society built the elegant little stone church and parsonage which it has since occupied. The more conspicuous of the lay members who aided in the completion of these buildings were Albert S. White, William Finch, Seneca LaRue, Dr. John Hall, Aberdien Keith, K. D. Shugart and William P. Russell. There was an original membership of fifteen, which had grown to 162 in 1912"-genealogytrails.